Terms and Conditions for Transfer Students
By accepting our offer of admissions, you are making a commitment to attend Cal Poly and are required to meet the following Terms and Conditions. While we don’t want to rescind anyone’s offer of admission, any failure to meet these requirements may lead to your admission being cancelled.
You agree to:
- Send your official transcripts as soon as you are notified that you have been accepted to Cal Poly. These transcripts should include your Work-In-Progress and need to be sent from all colleges and universities you have attended.
- Have completed and earned at least 60 semester or 90 quarter transferable units by the end of the previous spring term for fall.
- Complete all course work designated on your application, including those listed as “in progress” or “planned,” with a grade of C or better (a grade of “C-” does not fulfill admission requirements at Cal Poly) no later than the previous spring term for admission for the fall term. Having any of the CSU and/or Cal Poly program required courses “in progress” at or near the time of registration for classes for your term of admission may cause a delay in your registration and limited class availability until final transcripts are received and verified.
- Be in good standing (a 2.0 or higher GPA for CA residents—2.4 or higher GPA for non-CA residents) at the last college or university and in the last term attended.
- Maintain the academic standard that allowed for your admission.
- Submit your final transcripts, including grades for the previous Spring term, by July 15. Failure to submit final transcripts by the deadline may result in a delay in your registration date and limited class availability or cancellation of your admission.
- Participate in SLO Days and WOW orientation programs. You must register for both orientation programs no later than May 15.
- Enroll in and complete course work at Cal Poly during the fall quarter and remain eligible to enroll for subsequent quarters.
You understand that:
- You have been offered admission to the major displayed in your Student Center on your My Cal Poly Portal. It is not possible to change your major prior to enrollment at Cal Poly, and it may not be possible to change your major, once enrolled.
- You will be required to complete course work in your declared major during each term you are enrolled at Cal Poly. Please make sure you are committed to your declared major prior to accepting our offer of admission.
- Any discrepancy between the information you self-reported on your application and your transcripts or supporting documents will prompt an individual review of your admission file which may result in your admission being rescinded. Should any of your self-reported information be unable to pass verification from your transcript(s), your admission may be canceled.
If you are an International Student, you must also:
- Maintain your visa status.
- If you are currently attending an institution in the United States, you arrange to have that institution release your SEVIS record which will allow Cal Poly to issue your I-20. Cal Poly’s SEVIS School Code is: LOS214F00093000.
- Purchase sufficient health insurance for the academic year.