Submitting Transcripts and Other Documents – Transfer Students
The Cal Poly Admissions Office will need final transcripts and any other supporting documents as outlined below in order to certify your enrollment and allow you to register for classes.
1. Cal Poly must receive an official copy of your college/university transcripts including your work-in progress course work as soon as you receive notification of your admission. We will need a transcript from each school where course work was attempted, even if you withdrew before completing the term.
2. You will need to submit official copies of your final transcripts by July 15. You will not be allowed to register for classes at Cal Poly until your final transcript(s) has been received and processed by the Admissions Office.
International College/University Transcripts
All official transcripts must be submitted in the native language and accompanied by a certified English translation from one of the following:
- Institute for International Education (IIE)
- United States embassy or consulate
You may be requested to have an independent evaluation of the international credentials. We will notify you with further details if this is a requirement.
How to Submit Transcripts
Cal Poly will accept electronic transcripts via the following:
- National Student Clearing House
- Military Services
If your institution provides certified electronic transcripts through another service, have those transcripts sent directly from your institution to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also send official transcripts by mail to:
1 Grand Avenue
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407
General Education Certification or IGETC
If applicable, complete your General Education Certification or IGETC when you have finished the required course work at your community college. This must be certified by the registrar of your school.
If you are transferring into Cal Poly and have taken any College Board Advanced Placement Program (AP) testing, International Baccalaureate (IB) testing or the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), have the results sent to Cal Poly.