Skip to main content

Submitting Transcripts and Other Documents – Accepted First Year Students

The Cal Poly Admissions Office will need transcripts, test scores and any other supporting documents as outlined below by July 15 in order to certify your enrollment and allow you to register for classes.


High School Transcripts

Cal Poly will need one official copy of your final high school transcript. This transcript must include your date of graduation, so be sure you don’t send until after you graduate unless otherwise indicated on your My Cal Poly Portal.

All transcripts must be official, meaning they are certified, sealed and posted by the issuing institution.

You will need to submit a transcript from every institution you have attended, even if you withdrew before completing a term. If a transcript is unavailable, a letter must be sent from the registrar's office indicating attendance and course work as appropriate.

College Transcripts (if applicable)

If you have taken courses at a community college or university, you will need to have transcripts sent to Cal Poly directly from the institution. Transcripts should be sent after you have completed the course work unless otherwise indicated on your My Cal Poly Portal.

Educated at an International High School

All official transcripts must be submitted in the native language and accompanied by a certified English translation from one of the following:

  • Institute for International Education (IIE)
  • United States embassy or consulate

You may be requested to have an independent evaluation of the international credentials. We will notify you with further details if this is a requirement.

How to Submit Transcripts

Cal Poly will accept electronic transcripts via the following:

  • Parchment
  • Docufide
  • Naviance
  • National Student Clearing House
  • eScript-Safe
  • Military Services

If your institution provides certified electronic transcripts through another service, have those transcripts sent directly from your institution to

You may also send official transcripts by mail to:

Cal Poly
Transcript Processing
MC 1001
1 Grand Avenue
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407

ACT or SAT 1 Scores

Although ACT and SAT scores are not used in the selection process, they can be used for course placement and scholarship eligibility. If you have taken either the ACT or SAT exam, please have you official scores sent to Cal Poly electronically. 

Submitting Your Scores

You can have your scores sent directly to us from the testing agency.

For ACT Scores, use Cal Poly's Institutional Code 0188

For SAT Scores, use Cal Poly's Institutional Code 4038

Early Graduation

If you are graduating early or taking the High School Proficiency Test, please have your school send us verification.

AP/IB/CLEP Testing

If you have taken any College Board Advanced Placement Program (AP) testing, International Baccalaureate (IB) testing or the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), have the results sent to Cal Poly.