Skip to main content

Making Changes to Your Application

There are a limited number of changes you can make to your application once it is submitted. All submitted changes are subject to approval. 

Biographical Information

If you need to make changes to your address or email address, please do so through the My Cal Poly Portal.  
If you need to change your Social Security Number, you will need to fax a copy of your Social Security Card to (805) 756-5911.

Coursework Changes

Coursework changes cannot be requested through our office. In January, the Cal State Apply application will reopen to allow for current academic year changes to be made, including adding fall term grades and any changes to the winter or spring course schedules.   

Changes to Major

Changes can be made to your selected major until the change deadline. Because our selection criteria is major-specific, be sure that you have met the required Transfer Selection Criteria for your desired major before you submit a change request.

Deadlines for Submitting Changes

Art and Design, Architecture and Music applicants January 1
All other applicants January 15