Skip to main content

Changing Your Application

There are a limited number of changes you can make to your application once it is submitted. All submitted changes are subject to approval. 

Biographical Information

If you need to make changes to your mailing or email address do so through the My Cal Poly Portal. If you need to change your Social Security number, please fax a copy of your Social Security card to (805) 756-5911.

Test Scores

Test scores for Fall 2022 admission decisions will NOT be considered.

We guarantee all scores for tests taken prior to November 30 will be used in the selection process, provided the scores are received by our office by the application change deadline.

You may self-report test scores or have them sent electronically by the testing agency or via Cal State Apply. If you missed reporting your scores on the application, you may self-report scores via an application change request form or have them sent from the testing agency. 

If you are admitted, you'll need to supply official scores later in the process. 

Coursework Changes 

Coursework changes are accepted when making changes to 12th grade in progress or planned courses only. Changes to the area A-G designations will also be accepted.

Changes to Major

Changes can be made to the selected major and/or the alternate major on your application until the change deadline.

Deadlines for Submitting Changes

Art and Design or Music applicants

January 1

All other applicants

January 15

How to Submit Changes

The time to request changes to your application has passed. Please contact admissions directly with any questions.