To be eligible for federal aid, you must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, Lawful Permanent Resident, or Eligible Non-Citizen. You will be required to file a new FAFSA each academic year.
California Dream Act Eligibility
California residents who cannot complete the FAFSA should complete the California Dream Act Application to be considered for state and institutional aid. To be eligible, you must be:
- Ineligible to file the FAFSA
- A California resident
- Eligible for AB540 residency exemption status
Along with the above, for both federal- and state-funded aid you must also meet these requirements.
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Work toward a degree or certificate
- Achieve ongoing Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Process
You Must Not
- Default on any educational loans or owe a refund on any grants
- Be convicted of a drug offensive while receiving aid