Outside Scholarships are not awarded by the government or Cal Poly and are funded through a private sector company, philanthropist or foundation. Many Cal Poly students receive outside scholarships. If you’re interested in seeking a private or community-based grants or scholarships, check many sources as often as possible.
Where to Find Outside Scholarships
- High School Guidance Offices
- Community College Offices
- Banks and other businesses
- Local community groups or clubs
- Educational organizations
- Religious or church groups
- Service Organizations such as Lion’s, Rotary or Kiwanis
- Alumni associations
- College or Major department websites/bulletin boards
- Parent or Guardian employers
- Professional Organizations
Scholarship Search Services
Several reputable free scholarship search services are available. You shouldn’t ever pay for scholarship searches. Many of these sites also have valuable information and advice on how to research and apply for scholarships.
Receiving an Outside Scholarship
If you receive financial aid from Cal Poly and are awarded any scholarships from outside sources, you must notify our Financial Aid Office of the scholarship and amounts. The Federal Government requires us to coordinate this outside scholarship aid with any other aid you are receiving. Learn more about what to do if you receive an outside scholarship.