Procedures & Deadlines
When and How to Apply to the M.S. Program in Kinesiology
Applications to the Master of Science Degree Program in Kinesiology are accepted for admission during Fall and Winter quarters only. Tto ensure adequate processing and full consideration, all application materials should be filed with the Cal Poly Admission's Office before the dates given below.
- Fall Quarter - March 1
- Winter Quarter - September 1
How to Apply On-line
Click here to apply online at www.csumentor.edu
Have official transcripts sent from all the colleges and universities you have attended:
- Cal Poly Admissions Office
- 1 Grand Avenue
- San Luis Obispo, 93407
Do NOT send transcripts directly to the Kinesiology Department. Send transcripts to Admissions.
Additional Admission Materials Required
Letters of Recommendation
Send three (3) letters of recommendation for admission to the Master of Science Degree Program in Kinesiology to:
Kris Jankovitz, Ph.D.
- Graduate Program Coordinator
- Department of Kinesiology
- California Polytechnic State University
- 1 Grand Avenue
- San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0386
The statement of purpose on the CSU application cannot be used in lieu of the personal statement requirement. The “Personal Statement” is limited to two typewritten, double-spaced pages. At the top of the page write, Personal Statement, your name and the quarter you are applying for admission to the program.
The “Personal Statement” should include:
- A section statement that speaks to your interest in the field of Kinesiology.
- A section that specifies and elaborates upon your future career goals.
- A section that describes why you believe the M.S. Degree Program in Kinesiology at Cal Poly, SLO will help you to further your professional preparation and career goals. In this section please indicate which emphasis area in the graduate program you intend to pursue.
The personal statement should be sent to: Kris Jankovitz, Ph.D., Graduate Program Coordinator, Department of Kinesiology, California Polytechnic State University, 1 Grand Avenue, San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0386. Letters should be received before the dates given below.
- Fall Quarter - April 1
- Winter Quarter - October 1
GRE test scores are not currently required for admission to the graduate program in Kinesiology. If you have completed the GRE please submit those scores with your on-line application or by mail to the Cal Poly Admissions Office, 1 Grand Avenue, San Luis Obispo, 93407.