Keeping Track Of Information
There is going to be a "ton" of information which you will have to remember at Cal Poly. Some of it will be factual and conceptual. These thing need to be remembered for an exam. Some will be practical (dates of the exam and remembering to pay your rent).
There are many things which you will need to remember which will not be on the exam. Here are just a few examples of what you will probably need to remember.
- Due dates for homework assignments
- Dates of the exams
- The time and location of a great party
- The name of the person which you just met.
- Are there any rebate checks which I am waiting for?
- Are there any bills I need to pay?
Let's talk about how to remember these things in a very nice way which will not distract your brain from working on the stuff you really need to remember all of the time --- the stuff which you are learning and might be on a test.
- You could use a good paper based system.
- Evernote (Free)
- I use (and love) evernote.
- See this web site on how to use Evernote with GTD.
- Instapaper (Free)
- Requall (Free)
- I have not used it.
- There is a cost.
- For iPhone or iPad
- Dropbox.com (Free)
- I use it.
- Available on PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Kindle Fire.
Sparkleshare (article:"Drop Your Dropbox and SparkleShare Instead!")
- I have not used it. It is open source and works on Mac, PC and Linux