Senior Project Ideas
The following are some potential senior project ideas and the professors that are interested in working with students on them.
- Farmers' Market-Supermarket Retail Price Comparisons in SLO County or
Neighboring Counties (Wolf or Ahern).
- Resource Use-Cost Assessment of Sustainable Agriculture in Wine Grapes
vs Convential Culture on the Santa Margarita Ranch (Ahern).
- Fair Industry Website Analysis-Effectiveness
- An Examination of European Consumer Resistance to Genetically
Modified Organisms in Basic Foodstuffs (Ahern)
- The BSE International Policy Dilemma & the USA's Precautionary
Response - descriptive(Ahern).
- Case Study of Meat Industry Packer Concentration Collusion Claims.
- Post-Introduction Evaluation of Calgene's Biotech Tomatoes.
- Agribusiness Investment Portfolio Analysis-Student Selected Companies.
- Wild Horse Research/Grant Funding Support Document (contact: LaDonna
Kaiser, Wild Horse Sanctuary, Shingletown, Ca. (916)474-1888)
- Monterey Bay Marine Sanctuary Water Quality. (MacDougal,Ahern,
Noel & contact Kip Evans-USDOC)
- Case Study: Marketing Order Changes Related to Generic
Advertising Suits & Supreme Court Decision.
- Pistachio Supply Forecast for 1997 (Ahern).
- Position of Market Share & Volume of the Eight Major Fruit &
Vegetable Terminal Markets in the USA, 1965-1997 (Ahern).
- Identify the Factors Affecting H2O Quality in Rural SLO
- Critical Evaluation of SLOCo Agriculture & Open Space Element of
County General Plan (Ahern).
- Descriptive Evaluation of Literature on Alternate Bearing Tree Crops:
- Spatial Market Opportunities in Rhizomatic Floraculture-Iris (Jack
- Retail Pricing and Distribution of Packaged Salad Products (Ahern).
(one student doing with SLO & Monterey Co.locations
- Market Determinants of Dairy Bull Semen Prices (J.Noel).
- A Economic Value Added Evaluation of Agricultural Cooperative Performance
- The Economic Value of Soil Fertility-Valuing Soil Organic Matter
(J.Noel-joint project with Soils student &T.Rice).
* Please see the professor for additional details *