First Line of Column Headings (Faculty)
- Faculty ID = Social Security Number
- Name = Faculty name
- Range Code = Faculty rank (see explanation of categories below)
- TSF = Total Support Fraction (IFF+IAF+OSF=TSF)
- IAF = Instructional Administrative Fraction
- ADM-LEV = Administrative Level of IAF (12-mo. or AY Dept. Head, etc.)
- OSF = Other Support Fraction (reimbursed or non-instructional fund)
- IFF = Instructional Faculty Fraction (total "teaching" time)
Second Line of Column Headings (Courses) (Selected Headings)
- SUBJ = Course abbreviation
- COUR = Course number
- SUFF = Course suffix
- SEC = Course section number
- DISC = HEGIS discipline Code used for national and CSU reporting
- L = Level of course (1 = lower; 2 = upper; 3 = graduate)
- ENR = Enrollment in class at census
- S = Sequence number for course section segments
- CS = Course classification number based on mode of instruction (e.g., 02=Lec, 16=SciLab)
- A-CCU = Adjusted Course Credit Units (unit value of course)
- TBA = To Be Arranged hours (BEG & END show BY ARR)
- FACL = Facility or building number
- SPACE = Room number
- F = Facility type (1 = lecture; 2 = laboratory; 3 = non-capacity & supervision)
- GRP = Group code (2 or more sections with same time, room & instructor)
- TTF = Team Teaching Fraction (proportion of teaching credit for team-taught class)
- SCU = Student Credit Units (product of enrollment and adjusted course credit hours - see the Course Prefix Report - Dept. in ODIN for Department and College Totals)
- FCH = Faculty Contact Hours (hours of class meeting per week or based on supervision enrollment)
- D-WTU = Direct WTU from classes & supervision plus assigned time codes of 11, 15, 17 & 18
- I-WTU = Indirect WTU (normally assigned time less codes of 11, 15, 17 & 18)
- T-WTU = Total WTU (sum of direct and indirect WTU and compared to Instructional Faculty Fraction for appropriate load)
Third Line of Column Headings (Non-Heading Text Description of Assigned Time Activity)
- SPLIT APPT = Faculty teaching in more than one department. The College and Department code refers to the alternate department in which the faculty member taught.
- NUMBER ASSIGNMENTS = Number of faculty members
- FTEF (Full Time Equivalent Faculty) = The sum of all instructional faculty fraction for the Department/College. (IAF and OSF are not counted in FTEF; only IFF contributes to FTEF)
- CLASS WTU (Class Weighted Teaching Units) = The WTU earned from all class sections taught
- SUPERVSN WTU (Supervision Weighted Teaching Units) = The WTU earned from all class sections of supervision (classes with CS #25 or 36)
- DIRECT WTU = The WTU earned from all class sections taught as well as WTU earned from Assigned Time codes of 11, 15, 16, 17, and 18
- INDIRECT WTU = The sum of all departmental assignments associated with Assigned Time Codes other than 11, 15, 16, 17, and 18
- TOTAL WTU = The sum of Direct and Indirect WTU
- DIRECT WTU/FTEF = Direct WTU divided by FTEF
- TOTAL WTU/FTEF = Total WTU divided by FTEF
- TOTAL SCU = The sum of all class SCUs. This is not an accurate account of the SCUs earned for the Department/College. See the "Course Prefix Report - Dept." in ODIN.
- TOTAL FTES = Total SCUs divided by 15
- SCU/FTEF = SCU divided by FTEF
- SFR (Student Faculty Ratio) = Total FTES divided by FTEF
Explanation of Range Codes:
- FULL TIME = TSF (Total Support Fraction) equal to or greater than 1.000
- PART TIME = TSF (Total Support Fraction) less than 1.000
- GRAD ASST = Graduate Assistant, Teaching Associate, SSP, Volunteer
- OTHER = Non-teaching Librarian, Coach, Counselor, and Administrator with IFF
- PROFESSOR = Professor, Head Coach, Principal Vocational Instructor, Lecturer "D"
- ASSOC PROF = Associate Professor, Coach, Senior Vocational Instructor, Lecturer "C"
- ASST PROF = Assistant Professor, Coaching Specialist, Intermediate Vocational Instructor, Lecturer "B"
- INSTRUCTOR = Instructor, Coaching Assistant, Junior Vocational Instructor, Lecturer "A"
- ASSISTANT = Teaching Assistant, Lecturer "L"
- TCHG ASSOC = Teaching Associate
- GRAD ASST = Graduate Assistant, SSP, Volunteer
- ADMINISTRATOR = Administrator (no Instructional Faculty Fraction)
- OTHER = Other (non-teaching Librarian, Coach, Counselor, and Administrator with IFF)
This is a Chancellor's Office report. The format cannot be altered. The Department Number and Name are CSU assigned and do not always reflect Cal Poly's naming conventions.